All of our Foster Carers have access to a number of high quality training events throughout the year and Foster Carer Forums to ensure that they are supported within their role. Some of the sessions for 2016 are listed below.
– Attachment Training
– Safer Caring/Recording
– Child Protection/Safeguarding
– Managing and Understanding Behaviour
– Child Sexual Exploitation/Missing From Home and Supporting sexually abused children.
– Foster Carer Forums
– Moving On/Transitions and Birth Family Contact
– Birth Children of Foster Carers Forum
– Radicalisation/Equality and Diversity
All of our Foster Carers also complete a ‘Baby and Child First Aid Course’.
If you would like further information on the training and support offered by Foster Careline, contact us on 0800 566 8337.