Types of Fostering
There are many different types of fostering. As a Foster Carer, you could provide:
- Long-term Foster Carer – Providing a child with a home until adulthood.
- Short-term Foster Carer – Caring for a child for a period of days, months or years.
- Parent and Child – Supporting parents to understand their own needs and the needs of their baby.
- Weekend or “respite” Foster Carer – Giving a main Foster Carer a much deserved break.
- Short Break – Giving parents a break for children who are not in Foster Carer but who need the occasional break.